Your clutch enables you to connect and control the power of the engine to your gearbox and then to create motion. It is one of the hardest working parts of your car so it is essential that it is working correctly and that wear is monitored.
The clutch is made up of three main parts – the clutch plate, pressure plate and flywheel. The cost of a clutch replacement will vary depending on the make and model of your car and the severity of the problem.
Whether you need a clutch repair or replacement, or you are concerned about your clutch performance, pop in and have a chat with one of our friendly, expert technicians.
If you experience any of the symptoms below, you may need a clutch replacement.
– If you have difficulty in changing gear
– If your clutch pedal vibrates underneath your foot
– If your clutch pedal feels ‘spongy’
– If you hear a grinding noise or squeaking when the clutch pedal is pressed down.
– A ‘slipping’ clutch (slipping means that under heavy load the gear will simply disengage and cause a temporary loss of acceleration)
– The ability to rev the engine but the acceleration is poor